This privacy notice explains how we process your personal information.
In processing personal information, Seb’s Urban Jungle must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. We refer to this as data protection legislation.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect the personal data you enter at checkout so we can process your order.
We only retain your data as long as required, as outlined in our retention periods below.
If you sign up to our newsletter, we collect your email address. We only use this to send you the mailings.
The only other data we collect is anonymous data collected through cookies for the essential functioning of our website—for example, remembering that you are logged in or that you have items in your basket—or for analytics, to help us understand how users access our site so we can improve your experience.
Bases for processing your information
Under data protection legislation, our lawful bases for processing your personal information are
- your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- contractual, in order to fulfill your order.
- legitimate interests, like keeping you updated with offers if you sign up to our newsletter.
This site may include embedded content from other sites, such as social media buttons or videos from YouTube. Embedded content from other websites as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may embed content from
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical data about our visitors. We collect this information in a way that does not identify you and the data is not shared with anybody else.
- _ga expires after 2 years. Distinguishes users.
- _gid expires after 24 hours. Distinguishes users.
- _gat expires after 1 minute. Used to throttle request rate.
- _gac_ expires after 90 days. Contains campaign related information for the user.
Read Google’s content for information:
You can delete cookies from your device and change cookies setting in your browser: How to delete cookies.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your data with anyone else.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request
- an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. All this data is available in your account too. This is your right to access.
- that we correct any incorrect data we hold about you. You can do this yourself through your account too. This is your right to rectification.
- that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. This is your right to erasure.
We only process your data to fulfill your order, therefore this is essential.
You don’t have to pay anything for exercising your rights.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How we store your data
We store all data within the UK. Data that passes through the website is stored on servers in London. Data stored locally is kept on machines within Edinburgh.
- inactive accounts for 2 years
- pending and failed orders for 1 day
- cancelled orders and Stripe data for 4 weeks
- completed orders for 1 year
- ended subscriptions for 6 months.
After these periods all personal data is removed.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We have in place a process to assess the likely risk to individuals as a result of a breach.
We know who is the relevant supervisory authority for our processing activities.
We have a process to notify the ICO of a breach within 72 hours of becoming aware of it, even if we do not have all the details yet.
We know what information we must give the ICO about a breach.
We document all breaches, even if they don’t all need to be reported.
Read our terms and conditions for further details.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at
302 1F2 Leith Walk
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk